LATEST CREATIONS

After two awesome Saturdays scrapping and creating with the lovelies Miss Mary and Kim I managed to finish one layout.


This is my gorgeous little nephew Logan. I kept the page pretty simple as I wanted the focus to be on the pic. I used some lovely Echo Park and Kaiser.




Next up is a canvas that I completed yesterday. After doing a Natalie Kalbach class in Bathurst, Mary and I were inspired and wanted to do another, so with Kim we had a fun, messy afternoon playing with gesso, glimmer mist, templates etc.



This ended up so completely different to my original concept, which was going to be greens with touches of red. Mixing sage green Jo Sonya paint into the textured paste made a fantastic background, the templates I borrowed from Mary, once I used Black Chalk (thanks Kim)  and Santa Baby glimmer the colour changed to an aged patina. I added butterflies from a napkin, again from Mary, and used Mod Podge to fix onto the canvas. Flower spray (Prima), Cameo, Heart Cherub and Metal Rose (my2angels), Metal butterflies (Craft Queen) all combined to help finish off the design. Using left over coloured medium on the letters gave them a different texture to what I would have achieved with ink or glimmer.

I am very happy with how this turned out and it will be displayed in my chillout nook in the kitchen.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you had an awesome weekend, cya soon, hugs and love xo

Comments

Dolly B said…
LOVED the way your canvas turned out Miss Annette, the colours look fabulous. It was great seeing this transpire as you went along with your happy little laugh :)
Hugs
Mary x

Popular posts from this blog

March Challenge 7 Dots Studio

Kraft + February Challenge: Good Reads

Kraft plus November Challenge